There’s not much in this world more manly than mowing, and I’ve seen women who are better at it than men! Getting sweaty, grassy, dirty, and loud: I love mowing! Even though I like the jacked up riding lawn mowers, I only push. I’m old school that way. I get loud when I mow. I sing; I rap; I dance; I air box; I even listen to books while mowing. I love mowing. I feel like a beast when I mow. Isn’t that CrAzY? You know what else I love doing, that looks and feels just as manly… Smiling. That’s right, a real man smiles, and I know women who are much better at it than men. Some men think smiling is weakness: Like you let your guard down; like if you smile a Navy Seal will jump out of the bushes and demand your man card. WRONG !!! I know Navy Seals, and they smile — a lot. So, if you’re in life’s boat and hell bent on wearing your #phelpsface (look up reference to Michael Phelps Olympics 2016) all day, every day, STOP IT! And smile!
Nothing is more manly than this:
- Show your wife or girlfriend that when you see her, it makes you smile.
- Show your kid that he/she makes you smile.
- Friends / family make you smile.
- When you do something stupid or make a boneheaded mistake, just smile about it.
- When life kicks you in the private, (give the pain a minute to go away), smile to let people around you know it’s okay — we will get through it.
Smiling doesn’t make light of the situations of life, but it can make the burdens of life lighter. If you want to be more manly today, go smile more and see what happens. Stop believing the BS that’s in your head that real men don’t smile or cry. This is real life boys, and trust me, you need to smile more for yourself and those around you.
MAN UP AND SMILE !
The Smiling M,
Finding AWESOME reasons to smile about life.